There are three classes in Year 2, with 30 children in each class.
As the children in Year 2 are the eldest in the school, they are expected to act more independently. They will gradually be expected to take more responsibility for organising themselves and their belongings. These are invaluable skills to master (particularly with the move to Junior School next year).
For more information about life in Year 2, please click here.
Collection of children
Teachers of Year 2 children are requested to escort their class to the class door and ensure the pupil is handed over to a carer. Pupils who are not collected remain with the teacher until suitable collection is organised.
If there is a change to the routine, or a different person is collecting the pupil, the class teacher or school office must be informed. If arrangements are changed during the day, parents are asked to telephone the school office with the details of the new arrangements.
How you can help
- Please make sure that the school is contacted if your child is unable to attend
- Please inform the school secretary or the class teacher if collection details change for your child
- Remind children to bring book bags and water bottles everyday
- Name all items and check that names have not been washed out of clothing
- Feel free to talk to us about any problems; the sooner we are aware of concerns, the sooner we can find solutions.
For more information on the Year 2 curriculum, please click here.
Please see the termly Curriculum Newsletter below for details of what is being covered each term.
Please click here to view information about our recent Welcome to Year 2 presentation
Please click below for details of how we teach the children to write letter shapes:
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to working with you throughout the year.